Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Home With Dad & Mom

These past few days, I was able to be home at the Circle Double F Ranch with my Dad and Mom in Calhoun, LA.! Since I was speaking in Jackson and it is only 2 hours from home, I was not going to miss a chance to be with my parents! I flew in Thursday night and on Friday my sister-in-law Gayla Foster from Dallas was home visiting her parents came by on her way back to Dallas. We enjoyed a lunch of Johnny's Pizza with Dad and Mom and a few hours together before she headed to Dallas and I to Jackson. Although we talk almost every day, we don't get to see each other as often as we would like. So this was a special treat! The sessions in Jackson were over in time for me to have dinner with Dad and Mom at Piccadilly! There are certain places that I like to eat when I'm home and Piccadilly is one of them. While there, I texted my friends Melanie Elms & Farah Morton. . .they both love Piccadilly as well!! We usually always let each other know when we are there to kind of rub it in! : ) Sunday I was able to be in service at my home church, THE PENTECOSTALS of the Twin-Cities. It was great to see everyone! It was a treat to hear my Dad teach his Sunday School lesson and my brother, Mark preach. It was great to also be with Paulla, Jeremy, Jennifer, Jayden, & Jesi. Saturday, I went to Kalidascoops Ice Cream Shop in Monroe to see my nephew Jonathan & his wife Tasha. They are the new owners! If you are in Monroe, stop by on Forsythe Ave. for a scoop! I know they will do great with this new venture! Monday night, my dear friends Madeline & Ginger put together a dinner with a few friends that were available. It was a great time!! Sis. Rachel Smith, retired missionary was there as well as two other ladies that have been so special in my life as intercessors, Sis. Virginia and Kathy. It was a fun time!! It was great to be home to see so many, but most of all to be with Dad & Mom and just enjoy hanging with them!

No comments: