Monday, March 3, 2008

Our Puppy!


We lost our incredible boxer, Bauer, last night! Two weeks ago he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He brought us a lot of joy and we will miss him. At just three years old, his illness was shocking to both us and the doctors that worked on him. He was a love bug. He had to be touching you all the time. He loved people. We had two of our neighbors in church last week that are a result of Debbie walking Bauer by their house and conversation starting because of him. He was definitely a very special dog and a huge part of our family and was Debbie's baby. We love you, Podie!

11 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Sorry to hear that. He was a beautiful boxer.

iluv2prshim said...

Awwww...Debbie, I am so sad for you. I never saw Bauer in person but I always loved seeing the pictures.

Gayla said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how much you all loved him. He was beautiful...

Debbie Pryor said...

I am so sorry to hear about Bauer. He truly was an enjoyable, fun-loving dog. I will always remember the night we visited and Sheldon had so much fun playing with Bauer. You are in my prayers!!

Linda Elms said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! It's so sad losing a pet that you loved so much.

Jana Allard said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know you loved him so much. Would a hug help?

Steven Saiz said...

Thank you all for your prayers and words. It's amazing how they can take your heart! We have a lot of great memories with him!

Tracie Smith said...

You should purchase your wife the book Rescuing Sprite written by Mark Levin. It is an awesome book for animal lovers dealing with loss.

Steven Saiz said...

Tracie - thank you for the reference. I will get it!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sorry for your loss. These puppies sure get in our hearts. From one animal lover to another.

Krista said...

Awe, thats so sad! It's amazing how they can steal your heart.