Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dad & Mom

Thanks so much for your prayers for my Dad. He is doing better. . . .still weak, but they are taking great care of him. He appreciates everyone's prayers.

Please be in prayer for my Mom as well. She went to the doctor yesterday to get the results of a cat scan and a couple of tests. They told her that there was an aneurysm on her brain. They have recommended her to see a neurosurgeon. She hopes to do that later this week. She feels great and her spirits are high! Dad & Mom live on a horse ranch about 14 miles out right off of I-20 and she is keeping the roads hot between there and the hospital as well as other running around that she has to do. They found scar tissue there that they thought was from a light stroke. Mom has never had a stroke. Mom is very positive about it all. Yesterday afternoon, I asked God to help me and to give me a peace being this far away from them. I felt his presence so strong and such a peace came on me. My brother Tim said he had a prayer meeting at his school in Stockton. . .just he and God! Of course Tom & Mark both have as well. Dad will be 81 next week on the 28th and Mom is 78. We have been blessed with both of them having good health.

We appreciate all of your prayers for Dad and Mom. We serve a great God who can do anything!! We will all be there together in West Monroe in a few days!

8 comments:

Gayla said...

Sis. Debbie, I will continue to pray for your parents. I know what you are going through, since I also have aged parents. (But at least we live in the same city...)My mother is just now getting over pneumonia. I love your parents, and will keep them in my prayers. I will add you in there, ok?? LOL Love you ....Gayla D

Jana Allard said...

Debbie - hope all goes well with your mom and dad. Please know we will keep you and your parents in our prayers. Have a great Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Debbi,

I'm glad you are able to go home and be with your parents next week. Relax, enjoy your time there--and your time before you get there.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Love you

Anonymous said...

Debbi:

Anonymous is me! :)

It must have something to do with the way my computer program is set up or something, but when I click on the WordPress signature box, I lose my comment and am taken to another page, where I am asked to sign in to WordPress...which I am already in. Sorry. (I think I am not geeky enough for all this.)

Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com

Karla said...

You all are in our prayers!

Love you & Merry Christmas!

iluv2prshim said...

We are praying for your folks, Debbie. So glad you get to be home for Christmas. Have a great time.
Happy Birthday to your Dad too.
Be safe!
Blessings

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Yes, we serve a great big wonderful God. He holds your Mom and Dad in the palm of His hand.
It is such a blessing to still have your parents and to be all together. Have a beautiful times with your family.

God bless you

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to be going to West Monroe again this year. Granny and Granddad have been in my prayers. It will be so nice to be all together next week.

See you tonight!

Love, Vanessa