Tuesday, October 7, 2008

LIFE AT NIGHT IN THE BIG CITY?!!!

Tonight when Steve & I were leaving the church after prayer, I looked across the street and saw something that I would never think that I would see walking down the street in a big city! I saw what I first thought was two big cats, but another look I realized that it was two raccoons!! Raccoons right in the middle of Torrance, the southbay area of the 2nd largest city in America. . . .Los Angeles!! A few times I have seen a skunk out on that same street and ever so often at night, we have a possum that goes along our side wall of our house. Of course Dexter and Chaquita go wild going after him! The other night I was taking Dexter out on a walk around 8 p.m. and a couple of men from down the street were trying to catch a raccoon. . .right in our neighborhood! We are not on my parent's ranch in Louisiana but right in the middle of the city where there are no big fields or woody areas, but lots of concrete and buildings!! One thing I have learned is that Raccoons, Possums, & Skunks are all a part of life at night in the big city!!

No comments: