Sunday, May 25, 2008

Why I love Southern California!




Deb and I took some time later this evening and drove to the water. We live in an area that is almost surrounded by the ocean. We drove to a place in Redondo Beach called the Esplanade. The road sits up high over the beach below, but the view is incredible as you can tell by the pictures. We then drove around Palos Verdes Pennisula and got to see Catalina Island on an incredibly clear day. The temperature was about 62 degrees. The drive around the pennisula puts us close to our house when we get to the other side. So it's a neat way to go home from Redondo on a beautiful day!

7 comments:

Karla said...

Sometimes I really have to pray for my attitude to stay friendly!! It's just not right for some people to get to live near this! LOL! Glad y'all had a relaxing drive.

Steven Saiz said...

Karla, too funny! You all need to come out to L.A. for vacation some time.

Tracie Smith said...

Great views! I grew up on the sugary sandy beaches of Alabama/Florida. Now I live near the Texas 'mud' beachea....your pics makes me miss home! The water is blue and the sand is light. Ck out my pics from yessterday of brown water and dark sand! Thanks for sharing!

Steven Saiz said...

Debbie is the real photographer. I just took these with my little digital camera. She has a nice professional one. I tried to view your pics, but I don't think my laptop is working well this morning. I'll try again later. Hope you guys had a good time turning the "stressed" into "desserts!"

Mark Pryor said...

Truly those of us who live in SoCal are blessed. :-) I enjoyed the slideshow.

Jana Allard said...

Nothing like the California coastline. My favorite place.

Steven Saiz said...

Mark - We ARE blessed! We need to get together!

Jana - I concur!