Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prayer Updates

I talked to my friend, Melanie Elms today. She arrived in Denver early this morning to be with her Dad, Bro. Hale. She said that he was doing better, still in ICU. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. You can be updated on him by visiting the church that he pastors, Landmark Tabernacle's website.
Please continue to keep Kris Anderson in your prayers. I received this e-mail from her husband, Mike today:
Words are not enough to express our appreciation for the support we feel from all of your prayers. This is truly an unusual trial of Kris and my faith. In spite of some not so positive reports yesterday, our trust has continued to be "who's report do you believe, we shall believe the report of the Lord". Last evening, I went to the hospital chapel and asked the Lord to give me a word and He gave me a scripture from the Psalms. "Wait I say on the Lord and be of good courage and he will strengthen your heart, Wait I say, Wait on the Lord". I received this as a direct answer.
Today the reports were much more encouraging. Kris is still being assisted to breath on a Bpap machine, but it is better than the ventilator. If everything continues to go well they will do a heart cath on Tuesday. This is very trying for her, as it requires total bed rest and no relief from the routine of ICU until then. Please pray for God's extra grace. The prognosis is she can be restored to a more normal life. Which is what we all asked for.
No one knows what it means to us to have such a powerful network of family, friends, and our Christ Church saints. The nurses and those attending Kris keep asking me "Are you Okay?" I say, “We have a tremendous support group”, and I mean that with all my heart. We thank all of you for standing with us. We are not quite out of the woods yet, but we do see that light of hope for the future.

No comments: