Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Fires here is Southern California

The fires are burning once again in southern California. All over the L.A. area smoke fills the air. Steve and I had gone to eat homemade tamales at his Mom's (yes, they were delicious.....his Dad & Mom make them from scratch), afterwards we decided to drive by the water. Below is a picture I took with my iPhone. . . .a very hazy ocean. The whole scene to me looked like I was looking at a sepia picture.

When we drove into our driveway, I looked over and looked at my use to be clean car. . . .there was ash all over it! I shot the pic below of it:


Later on, I was outside in the back and could not believe what I saw in our pool! Ash was all in it! Here's a pic:
We don't live in the fire areas and are not experiencing those strong Santa Ana winds, but we did get the warmer weather today around 90 degrees which is very warm for the ocean area! Thankfully we don't have the humidity to go along with the heat! It is sad that so many people have lost their homes. . . . .everything but the clothes on their backs. Our hearts and prayers go out to all who have experienced this devestation. Our prayers are with all of our firefighters as well.

3 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Wow! Debbie, I've been thinking about each of you from California. Though you aren't in the fire area the ashes are surely unhealthy. Both Kent & Trent have asthma. They would be experiencing difficulties. We will keep each of you in our prayers. Lord bless...

Debbie Saiz said...

Thanks Tracie. It is very devestating for those that are in that area.

Krista said...

Glad to hear yall are okay. I have been thinking about you guys. Glad you guys aren't near the fires.