Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mom's Update


Thank you to everyone for all of your prayers for my Mom, Pat Foster (shown above with great-grandaughter's, Jesi & Jayden). She is doing incredible! In fact, she always amazes us at Christmas because she goes non-stop taking care of everyone and loving every minute of it! Mom has always been known as a great hostess. She feels great and is in great spirits. In fact, I called and talked to Dad after we got home last week. He told me that he was more worried about her than she was. Mom feels a peace that everything is okay. The doctor told her that she has most likely had the anterior communicating artery aneurysm since birth. Mom is very positive about it feeling that everything is okay. The doctor said that there are chances that if they were to do the coil up through the arteries or the actual brain surgery, that there is a chance it won't work. . .etc. He told her that if she was in her 30's or 40's that he would say immediate surgery, but that at her age of 78 that it is her choice. Also since she most likely has had it for so long. It means so much to have people all over praying for her. There has been so many calls and cards and they mean so much to Mom, Dad, and all of us. Mom has always been a woman of strong faith and prayer. She feels a peace that she is to go on with life as she has and not have any thing done. She has strong faith and believes that God is taking care of her and her life is in his hands. Dad and all of us support Mom and feel peace that she is going to be okay. Thank you again for your prayers. The Foster/Saiz Family appreciate you so much!

11 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Thanks for the update on your mom. She looks great. My mom is 82 and she has a situation that, like your mom, if she were younger the doctor would push for the surgery. He has left the decision to her and she has chosen not to have surgery. She does have some complicated symptoms that may force the surgery if they don't resolve. For now, we are just going to go ahead and live life. Your mom's faith will keep her.

Krista said...

First of all, You're Mom is beautiful!! :) And she looks great!! Thanks for the update... I've been wondering how she was doing. God is in control and it sounds like you're Mom has a lot of peace about the whole situation! That's awesome! Love you!

Debbie Saiz said...

Jana: I love your Mom! I will keep her in my prayers. . .what a great awesome lady! You are right. . Mom's faith will keep her! The best thing for your Mom and my Mom is to let them LIVE life to the fullest!! And I believe that both of them are!! I appreciate your prayers.
Krista: Thanks for the prayers. Yes, Mom is a beautiful classy lady inside and out! She does have peace. We love you and are praying for your family in this time of loss of your grandmother. We love you!

iluv2prshim said...

Praising God with you and your family. There is nothing like the peace of God and I am so happy your Mom has it. She is such a gracious lady. I love her and your Dad.

Debbie Pryor said...

We are so glad to hear this GREAT praise report! Your mom is a beautiful lady. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news!!

tfoster said...

Debbie & Steve, read your blog! Really enjoyed being with ya'll at Christmas! I will try to get down there with horses in February!
Love,
Tim, your Cowboy brother & "BIL"

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Your mom is so gracious and lovely as ever. I'm thankful she has peace and we are trusting with her that God will do His perfect work.
We love all the FOSTERS.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Amazing to me that her aneurysm has been there from birth. God has had His Hand on her, and He is not about to stop.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I read the blog about your Mom. I wish I had read it sooner. How is she doing? I take it she had some sort of episode and had recovered. I just love Aunt Pat. She is one of the great inspirations of my life. Give me an e-mail when you have time to fill in the blanks.
Cousin Paula

Krista said...

Hey, I was just thinking about you guys and was wondering how your Mom was doing?!