Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting Old Is Different When It's You!


Getting older is so much different when it's you that's moving up in the age bracket. I was talking to a friend recently and asked him if he had turned 50 yet, he responded, "No, not until next year! But I just had an epiphany of growing older. My daughter had some music on that was "rocky", Gospel, but rocky and caught myself banging on her door telling her to turn that noise down. I stopped myself there in the hallway and said, I've just turned into my Dad!"
Those of us born in 1959 are very quickly approaching the half century mark, but it doesn't feel like 50. I am still young inside. Perhaps I am young ONLY in my mind. My body reminds me that it is well aware that 50 is very near. When my Dad turned 50 he was very old....but the 50 I am facing in about 14 months surely is not the same 50! I am so young! Ha! This comic strip is the epitome of the way I feel.....dumb mirror!!!!!

11 comments:

Linda Elms said...

LOL! I agree! That's funny, but I can relate! I sound more like my mother all the time! LOL!

Linda Elms said...

By the way, I REALLY ENJOYED having Debbie here in TEXAS. She did a great job of speaking, and we had some fun, too!

Steven Saiz said...

Deb said she had a great time with all of you! She said you did excellent! Hope everyone is well after the hurricane! We've been praying for you all!

Jana Allard said...

Wellllllll........Brian will be 50 next year and I am about to catch up with him. However, I have a different philosophy about age. Here it is:
If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you be? I think I am forever 25! LOL Guess I should be honest and say there are occasional days I feel 90 but I deny knowing anything about those days. Leave those with amnesia.

Anonymous said...

I agree with this post. Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I get surprised. Ha.
I think that if I can just continue to exercise and eat right, I won't feel too old until I'm....ummmm...like...80. :D

Steven Saiz said...

Jana - live in denial if you want....LOL...it is true...you are what you think.

Tena - you have got the right formula for those of us getting wiser. (how's that for rephrasing) Exercise and eating right are essentials to styaing young...longer!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

This is happening to everyone except me....

Steven Saiz said...

LOL....too funny

Jana Allard said...

LOL I think Pastor Kent Smith stole my line. LOL

Steven Saiz said...

It was a classic!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I vote for Pastor R Kent Smith LOL Love it!